Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nate and Tyler, my babies came back!

Well, though my day started with personal essays, it continued with hilarious and awesome monologues that my students created. What a morning! With both second and third period being my theatre classes, I was so happy to be entertained and impressed by the skill of my students. From a granny who preached reading your scriptures to a girl pretending to be a British orphan, my cup runneth over! It was so awesome and amusing, I laughed, I laughed some more and then I sighed. Wow! What talent in one room and to think that this was their first assignment!
My day continued with my student aides finally being able to come to my class and with their addition, my life was perfect. My teacher's aides make the world go round. They are previous students of mine who want to help me however they can and they merely want to be in my world a little longer. The best addition of one of my aides was Jen, who is my third period aide, and she arrived just as Robert was on his knees weeping in character....wooooww...her face said it all! She had to return her add/drop slip to the guidance off and arrived back to my class as Cristy was dancing away in character! Her smile and laughter said it all.
The day continued with more assignments due and more personal essays and letters. I read several and learned more about my new children. What interesting lives they lead!
After all the bells had rung, I looked down the hall to see two of my favorite kids (don't tell) walking towards me. What a treat! Nate and Tyler, smiles on their faces and doubts of me remembering Tyler,...as if! These graduates of 2007 visited with me and told me all about their lives now. I told them what was up with me and they laughed at having to try and call me Mrs. Martin since both of them had always called me "Muz." It was so nice to see the two of them, both wonderful boys, now men...time truly does fly. I hugged them both and rejoiced in their happiness and new worlds that have opened to them. I will see them again soon as they are repeat offenders of revisiting their past. These children growing up, but always coming back...to the world they once knew. My old kids...now...men.

No comments:

Post a Comment