Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy cooking and fun to boot!

Today has been a day of laundry, dishes and cooking for days! I cooked kale, asparagus, tabooli and a fabulous couscous stir fry. After all of this was done, I read, watched Food Network and cut up veggies and fruit for the week. Sundays are always my day to cook for the week, clean and write. So, here I am doing just that.
Yesterday, we went to Applefest and had a good time. Upon arrival, I looked around me to see tons of people, some of them my students and fellow teachers. The items for sale were the usual, crafty stuff. I was fine and having fun until I walked through the food vendors row. The smell of pig wafted into my nostrils---not good. So, I found one of the smells that makes me nauseous! I avoided the "food row" and retreated back to more crafts. We met up with Doug and Mattie and walked around to the various vendors. As I have previously expressed, I'm not really that big into fairs and festivals unless there is artwork and ceramics there. I don't like fair food and am not all that into being anywhere where there are a bazillion people.
After the Applefest festivities, we went to the dollar store to get contraband for the movies! Then, we met Kellee, Aiden and Gabe at the movie theatre and saw "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and it was tons of fun! Another stellar night filled with laughter, popcorn and friends.
So, today, I will continue to write without distraction, or try to write without distraction. All for now!

2 comments:

  1. I could really tuck into your creations-all good foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI I THINK WE NEED TO FIND A CELTIC NAME BOOK. KEVIN WHEN HE WAS YOUNG LIKED TO BE CALLED PADRAIG. HIS MIDDLE NAME IS PATRICK SO IS ROB'S. PADRAIG DAVID THOMPSON MARTIN. JUST A THOUGHT. I WILL RESEARCH THE LOVELY GIRLS NAME. ROSE ELLEN WAS KEVIN'S BEAUTIFUL GREAT GRAND MOTHER NAME. MY MOM AND I ARE DOROTHY ANN. MEANS GIFT OF GOD. WE NEED TO WATCH CELTIC THEMED MOVIES OR SEARCH OUT IRISH SOCIETY IN NYC. LOVE D

    ReplyDelete