Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What a day, what a day!

So today was a Tuesday/Monday as I would like to say, because my school week started today and boy! Was I tire or what?! So, I drove in the pea soup fog this morning and could not see a car length ahead, it was that thick! I spilled my coffee, was tire, drove in fog and was grumbly until I arrived at school. Upon entering the building, I had already thought that I needed to have a "do over day" moment as I like to call them, when Cody, one of my babies, called for my attention. I looked at this now Junior and he pulled off his hat. Underneath I saw an old man---he had let one of his friends shave off the top of his head! It was hilarious! He literally was "monk friendly" and I laughed most of the way to my classroom, it was so funny! I taught and taught and then we had a fire drill, oh joy, there was fifteen minutes of class lost and then, we had President Obama's speech, another loss of instructional time. His speech was good, it was just time I needed to keep pace with my classes, that's all.
The end of the day held happy revelations in eleven students who came for the first meeting of the In the Ink Writing Group! They were an eclectic group of girls and boy! Can they write! I thought that our school needed a creative writing group and I am happy to say that I'm right. Several students said that they had been waiting for a writing group to happen at the high school. YAY! Happy teacher moment.
After school and much laughter and listening, I picked up Heather and she told me she got a Bowman Brave award for being the quietest student while they were working in the classroom! I am so proud! After school, we met up with KDad and went to our favorite Chinese Restaurant for dinner and now, we are home and it is almost time for bed. Overall, yesterday was a good day, a day of closure after dread over going, and now, I am fine and happy with a wonderful daughter and a good man I call my husband. I wouldn't change anything that has happened in my life. I have laughed, cried, loved, and lived. No regrets, not one. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment