Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Monday, September 7, 2009

Ohio Renn Fest and done for the day

Today we went to the Ohio Renaissance Festival and I walked over to the Legacy Forge booth where Linn spent so many years working and playing. I said, "Hello," to a lot of different people and dealt with a few that I was worried about due to my getting remarried and their toxicity, but otherwise, it was a success. We went with Kellee, Ron, Gabe, Aiden, Mattie and Doug. I showed Heather all of the swords and told her how her daddy use to wield the claymore over his head with ease and wave it around like a lightweight sword. I looked at the new swords that Linn would have been striving to own if he had lived to see them.
It was a good day, just hard as always to go back there, but I didn't cry. I teared up, but no tears fell. I really just want to enjoy my life and not think about the Renn Fest as it lost its luster with me a long time ago. It was what took Linn away from me every August through October and then we would inevitably fight in October because of who knows what. Renn Fest would pull him away from me and then, away from Heather. On a nice note, he use to love having Heather stand by the side of the booth and heckle the patrons, "Buy a sword, send me to college" and then if they walked by, "don't worry, I've got time." Heather loved to dress up for the Renn Fest and had a blast there.
But, I am done talking about that. It is time to work on my book. Take care and happy Labor Day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment