Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wow...what a summer!

I just uploaded a number of pictures and have to smile at all of the fun memories from just one summer! From Kentucky to Pennsylvania, from Maine to New Jersey and even New York! I found the best pizza ever made in New Jersey at Dottie and Karen's favorite restaurant, I saw Phantom on Broadway, I got to go to two Tiffany & Co stores and even was able to send Dottie a present from Tiffany & Co direct for her birthday as a present from Kevin, Heather and me. I got to spend loads of time with my family along with I got to know my nephew Oliver. I learned what love is all about in truly getting to know my husband, Kevin. He has shown me a new lease on life and I am so happy to know that he would do anything for me and for Heather. I attended an amazing writer's conference, Antioch Writer's Workshop, where I met so many wonderful people and it was solidified that I am a WRITER and people want to read what I write. I found an agent there who gave me a deadline and thus, I write and know that I will be published someday. And, of course, I got married to my loving husband, Kevin, surrounded by family and friends. This summer, I got to know my family and to know my new family, Kevin's family and adore all of them. It has been a great summer.
Tomorrow, I go to the Renaissance Festival. Every year it rolls around, I can't help to think of my belated husband and how much he loved working at the Renn Fest every single year since it opened up until his passing. Last year, I went to the festival holding my brother-in-laws hand and cried as I neared the booth where Linn worked. I kept thinking how, after the funeral, we went over to that booth and spread some of his ashes in front of it. This year, my daughter will introduce her Kevin Daddy to her Daddy's world. A world of hand forged swords and leather goods. A place where everyone is transformed to the time of the Renaissance, a time long ago. I have such strong feelings every year and thus, yesterday rolled around, the first day of Renn Fest. I loved my husband and he was a good man. He was in the hospital the last weekend of the Renn Fest in October of 2007. He died two days after it closed. Thus, each year is a little hard for me. So, tomorrow, I go to the festival with my new husband and face some adversity due to people who don't understand my world whatsoever and how long "time" is when you are a widow. But, tomorrow, I go with my husband, daughter, my best friend Kellee, her husband and two kids along with two other friends of ours: Doug and Mattie. So, we are going to have a great day and all is well. I don't know how to explain to people how it feels to be me, but, I am OK. I am loved, I just have been through a lot in my thirty-eight years. I love life and know for a fact how easily---it can slip away. So, if you learn anything from my posts, please remember this: always tell those you love that you love them. Never stay angry and don't sweat the small things in life. Love the one your with. The grass may seem greener on the other side, but it is up to you to nurture your own soil and water your world in love and kindness, for love grows like any flower as long as you tend to your loved ones. Don't betray those you love, they are all you've got. Make sure to smile at as many people as you can in a day, you never know, that smile could save a life. One smile could change someones mind and make them realize that you care enough to see them and to smile. Love, live, laugh, for life is for the living and today is going to be another amazing day...embrace it. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment