Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Books, books and more books

I have to laugh at myself. As a typical teacher, I am doing research. Every single summer, I do research. The last few summers have been research about becoming a vegan, MS, animal cruelty, the food industry and now, this summer---it is about chic lit. I know, funny segue, but...hear me out. I write chic lit, I identify my writing as chic lit and I am OK with that. I have thus ordered off of eBay bunches of chic lit and am reading to truly make sure that this is my niche. My book is in no way formulaic, but, I want to see what is out there and make sure that I am not writing the same old story rehashed over and over. I don't want to be that author who is oblivious, not my style. SO, I read and I read and I write and I write. It is quite amusing. I watch people all the time, I eavesdrop, I am on the verge of stalker land and am thankful to so many for my characters. They are the culmination of thirty-eight years of living, listening, observing and being. Thank you, you characters that have come out of the silliest moments in bars, coffee shops, airports and malls. These characters are so very much of what I am and will continue to be as long as I keep reading, writing, observing and laughing. Back to my research. The life of this thirty-eight year old amazon

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetie! I'm so thrilled to see you expanding your horizons. Sending lots of love and positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete