Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We are in New Jersey! Manhattan fun today!

Hello one and all! We are in New Jersey and arrived yesterday to Kevin's uncle Ernie and aunt Karen's house and it is lovely! The are so kind and their son Jonathan is here and he is great too! We arrived to hot weather after almost seven hours of driving, but it was a good drive. Heather laughed at movies she was watching on the back of my seat and it was amusing how her laughter happened and intersected our conversations wonderfully. Upon arrival, we were made to feel at ease and went for a swim in their pool, which was great and cool. It helped get our body temperatures down and really set the tone for the day. Then, Karen was kind enough to make a beautiful salad with so many yummy ingredients that I had no problem filling my tummy. I had brought a great deal of food, but barely used mine as hers were great! That and corn to boot! So, a good night had by all. With a few beers and Pale Rider at the end, it was a great evening. I have met more people that love movies just like me! I didn't think it was possible.
So, today, we are going into Manhattan and I can't wait! It has been since 1995 and I am looking forward to seeing Heather's reaction to the statue of liberty, the empire state building and the city as a whole. Well, I will report back with all of our antics!

No comments:

Post a Comment