Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ohio State Fair and the land o' no teeth

So, I took today to write all of my thank you notes for wedding presents and boy! Were there a lot of them. Then, after completing them, I copied pictures and e-mailed the pictures to the world along with copied them to CD for various family members. After that, I paid my left arm for stamps, so I am actually just typing with my right.
Anyway, after that, it was time to visit my husband at the Ohio State Fair and meet up with my niece and sister-in-law. Of course I left late enough in the day so that it was not too hot, but in doing so, I got to crawl forward at a snail's pace during rush hour in Columbus...so much fun! The car in front of me was hauling a horse trailer with a horse inside and YES, I got to see the end of the horse that I resembled...duh! Drive at 4:00pm, no problem! Get into Columbus at 5:00pm....stupid! Stupid! So, I arrive to the fun of cars out the yin yang, bumper to bumper traffic and yes, the driver's eye color--blue. I finally got to my exit and called Kevin who met me in his golf cart to whisk Heather and me away. To where? To a place filled with horse poop, huge cows, food that could kill ya, carnies galore, rides that no one should EVER ride and people without teeth. Do you think I'm lying? I walked around and did my usual people watching...couple after couple---big bellies, eating gargantuan food, kids that were little miniatures of their parents and mullets galore. Billy Ray Cyrus would be proud. In the back of my head I could hear his song,"I want my mullet back!" Well, Billy, go to the Ohio State Fair and you will FIND IT!
Today was the Demi Lovato concert, thus, the fair became inhabited by braces wearing teeny boppers sporting their best teenager wear and preparing themselves for screaming, lots of lots of screaming. These young girls were smiling and bouncing as if in one of those bounce arounds while they walked. I had to laugh while witnessing these children. Too funny. To think, someday they would be the ones who...nevermind...to scary.
The people at the fair are unlike any I can find anywhere else...they are almost indescribable! I mean, wow, they are just so, wow. How to explain? Yelling at their children, swear words included, model citizens, truly. I am in awe of these humans unknown by any who don't frequent these fairs of the world. I have to laugh. I don't think that I am a snob, I just have taste...or so, I think I do. But, inevitably, I will have one of those dreams where all my teeth fall out and wake up tomorrow morning tracing all of my teeth with my tongue with a sigh of relief. Then comes the mantra: I love my dentist, floss is my friend, I love my dentist, floss is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment