Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday, Friday, TGIF---yayyyy Friday! Kids, graduates, I love my job

It has been a crazy week, as you can see by my blogging and lack of blogging. After the wild and screaming children, I was so happy to be in my comfort zone of---teaching---doing what I do best. I worked hard and long all week and all is well. From this week, I was reminded of the reasons why I teach. Any moments of frustration vanished within the hugs of kids and the sounds of happiness out of my students when they saw me. Though I only have one child, I have always been blessed with helping many children in my life. I have met amazing kids and wonderful parents who truly care about their kids and about me as well.
Last night, I had an open house and numerous kids stopped by with their parents in tow. I met parents of students that I have in my study hall even! One of my favorite parents of a wonderful former student of mine stopped by and she was so sweet. She inquired about my wedding and how everything was and how excited she was for me. I asked about her son and how things were going for him and she told me. Her son has Crones disease and I have been talking with her for over a year and a half about him and what she might do in terms of his diet, asking questions of her doctors, and finding out what he can eat. They finally have diagnosed him with Celiacs disease and now has a regulated diet. I am happy to hear that he is doing well and I even saw him today with a big smile on his face.
Life is good. I am tired, but for a good reason. I am tired because---I care. I love what I do, I am good at it and I love having my kids visit. Today I had numerous kids from the Career Center stop by and say, "Hi." I am overwhelmed in many ways when it comes to my kids.
One of my graduates visited today. I taught him as a freshman and he then became a fixture in my life. He is now teaching children, at risk children in a camp. I couldn't be any more proud. THIS is why I teach. And what is the neatest thing, they always come back and visit. I love my kids.

1 comment:

  1. ANOTHER GREAT DAY PARADISE. NO HURRICANES LOOMING AND I AM SO HAPPY ON MY PORCH.. I READ YOUR BLOG AND I TRULLY SMILE AND GAIN ENERGY TO GO ON WITH MY DAY. I LOVE YOU MY DAUGHTER. THE BEACH GIRL CALLS...

    ReplyDelete