Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Better go get your awma

Okay, so life of a six year old is funny. I do remember in my past actually going to posh parties and front row seats at various big time events, but now I live in the land of Radio Disney. It is really quite cute when I reflect on life so far as a mom and I do remember the first time I contemplated this exact thing when I was sitting in the second row---and excited about it!---at a Disney on Ice event. That was life changing. That and realizing that "I WANNA ROCK!" had a whole new meaning as a mom with an infant. Sad, very sad. I would sit their in my rocking chair with infant in arms, gone were the day of the big hair and makeup---AND that was just the men! So, now the latest thing we do is listen to Radio Disney in the car and sing, BOY! Do we sing! We sing Taylor Swift songs and Demi Lovato, we sing Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus! I know these names by heart because we also watch Disney channel almost daily and I have caught myself watching it alone...typical. Well, this singing phenomena started with one instant of headphones in the car and the movie in the back of the front seat and Kevin and I got to here her sing---the movie was Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Chrismas...chrismas...nyana na...hana...ya..ma...ya...nanna. Chrismas...Chrismas...hannaa...hayya..."and then even more fun with "Na...yana...a Hula hoop!" So, yes, a star was born.
Now, the car is filled with "Battlefield! Battlefield! Battlefield! Why does love have to be like a battlefield! Battlefield!" You get the idea. Due to the fact that we are American Idol junkies, it is okay to sing Jordan Sparks at the top of our lungs. But I do remember thinking, "What the heck is awma?" And then realized that it was ARMOR....ohhhhh...duh. We still hear words mishmashed in the backseat, but Heather does not hesitate ONE bit when it comes to singing. I don't know WHERE she gets it! As if...
Better go get your awma.

No comments:

Post a Comment