Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We are on our way! NYC, here we come!

So, the other day, Kevin asked, "Do you want to go to Manhattan before school starts and maybe see a play or two?" So, needless to say, he didn't even finish his sentence and my answer was out, "SURE!" And then, I was online to see what was playing on Broadway right now. Our goal was to pick up a food trailer he had purchased online that is in New Hampshire and enjoy ourselves on our way there along with see my granny in Pa, which is where we are right now, as well as see his aunt and uncle in New Jersey, which is where we are going today! We are going to stay with his family tonight through Friday and go into New York tomorrow and Thursday! Very exciting! I might not be a big city person at ALL, but I am definitely a BROADWAY BABY! Type of a person. This will be my second trip to New York City and Heather's first. The first time I went to NYC was in 1995 and I went to seven shows in five days---impressive, huh? Well, this time around, I want to go to the 911 Memorial and the site. That will be amazing and sad. I want to point out the statue of liberty, I don't know if we will have time to ferry across to Ellis Island, but if not, we will be back when Heather is older.
This has been a summer of so many firsts for Heather: first plane ride (four total due to connection flights), first boat ride/whale watch, first time to Maine, first time to ride her bike without training wheels and so many more that I lost count! As moms go, I think that I have done a great job at making sure that my daughter had a well rounded summer. We traveled to Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Maine, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, then today---New Jersey, tomorrow New York and New Hampshire on Friday! We traveled through various states and did a nice bit of stopping along the way.
Part of me is truly looking forward to her first day of school when they talk about what they did this summer and she can say, "This summer, my mommy got married, we went to Kentucky, Maine, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York..." It will probably come out, "I went to lots of places and did lots of stuff." Truth be told. Her claim to fame still is that she went whale watching, got seasick, threw up, but it was fun! That is what she say every time she tells that story and I just have to laugh. So, happy day and write you later from Jersey Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment