Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Thursday, August 20, 2009

More fun in New Jersey

Today, Kevin went to New Hampshire to pick up the trailer he had purchased through E-bay. Heather and I had the option to go with him, but Heather vetoed going. We had a wonderful day with Kevin's aunt Karen and cousin Jonathan. We had more fun spending time with everyone and were able to find a lovely present for my mother-in-law, Dottie. I can't tell because it is on its way there! As for what we did, we went to Karen's favorite pizza place where they think Dottie is the cats meow! We walk in and sure enough, the owner asked, "How's your sister?" Of Karen, it was cute as can be. Then, we told him it was Dottie's birthday today and he said, "wish her happy birthday from me!" So, we did. The food was fabulous and it was a great time. Then, we went to a cute little pottery studio where they taught classes to all ages as well as had pottery for sale. I bought a beautiful square plate with ornate designs on it and a vase. On the way home, I asked Karen if she liked the vase and she told me she did and how she had vases at home but they never seemed to be big enough. I then said that I was glad she liked it because I had bought it for her and Ernie as a thank you for taking us in and letting us share their home. She was happy as can be!
We returned home to her house and went swimming in the pool and enjoyed our time together immensely.
Then, I get a call from Kevin that he was driving the trailer back and the top flew off part way, but that he was okay. The guy who sold it to him, from the RV dealership, met him on the road and promised to make it right. He helped Kevin strap down the roof and then gave him $200 on the spot and asked him to send him an estimate of the cost to fix it and that he would pay it. As we speak, my husband is on his way back to us and fine. I am very thankful that it turned out that way, because he had started driving and the roof of the trailer just lifted up into the air straight up. It was still connected, but had not been latched down by the RV dealership. So, all is well, we are taking it easy and preparing dinner along with having droopy eyes after yesterday's fun and today's swimming. Tomorrow, we go back to Granny's in Pennsylvania and then back home on Saturday for Aiden's birthday party. It has been a wonderful trip and I am so happy that Kevin is fine. Here's to more fun in New Jersey!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cool, but so are you so I should expect no less! Might I add that I LOVE the pic of you eating pizza! Even the best of saints fall off the wagon, aye? LOL!
    Love ya!! Can't wait until next week when we are together with a new batch of babies!
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete