Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello from the land of school and screaming freshman!

Well, I went back to school yesterday and today and we had a crazy time! I am writing this in spite of the fact that I am exhausted! It has been wild! We had the new freshman come yesterday from 3:30 to 7:30pm and then they were here today the whole school day. We got them excited, motivated, and had actual motivational speakers come to help them get excited for school! There was singing, there was screaming, there was running and games galore. We created a cheer, we yelled, we waved towels and the four hundred plus kids were split up into four teams: yellow, blue, red and green. I was on the blue team and the kids were awesome. We competed, we laughed, WE TIRED...Check Spelling
I walked around the school today after the children left and the faces of those teachers who had been involved in the Freshman Focus were drawn, tired and searching for solace. We all had that knowing look and smile that asked for a humongous box of calgon to take us away.
I worked from 7:30 yesterday until 8:20 last night. And today, I worked from 6:40 till 5:30pm. So, I am exhausted. BUT, I didn't want anyone to think that I fell off the face of the earth, so, HELLO, I am here...just tire and slap happy. Tomorrow, we have all of the students and I will be in my normal comfort zone...happy days...happy days...and no more screaming.

2 comments:

  1. GOOD NIGHT MY DEAR. YOU TEACHERS ROCK. THE WORLD HAS BECOME A CRAZY PLACE WHEN A FELON GETS TO PLAY FOOTBALL AGAIN AND GETS PAID MILLIONS FOR BEING A BRUT. THANKYOU FOR ALL YOU DO. AND GOD BLESS THE CHILDREN. DMCG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now look forward to getting up in the morning. knowing i can read your words. kevin should write a journal or a blog. Then he will not have to call while driving. To a happy day. The Momster

    ReplyDelete