Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Sunday, July 26, 2009

LUCKY

I feel so lucky, so blessed. As I sit here typing, I am encouraged by so many amazing people from family to friends, I am blessed. Not everyone can say that they do what they love every single day. I do. I love to live life, enjoy time with my family and I love to write. I have been writing since I can remember and poetry has always come to me easily. I am excited at what is in store for me as I have just married a wonderful and kind man as of June 20th.
I have been told by many that, in order to be a true writer, you must write everyday. That is why this blog exists. In order for me to work on my fiction writing, I first must focus on my nonfiction---on me. I know that may sound strange to some, but I am a creature of habit and in order for me to see the "big picture," I must first focus on what I know to be true---my life.
I am writing a book that has a deadline for creation of January 2nd. Life is good. I can rise to this challenge. I am excited that others find my writing to be enjoyable and I thank my friends, fellow writers I met at the Antioch Writers Workshop for that. Thanks to them, I can write everyday without worrying, "am I good enough? Will people want to read what I write?" and typical questions like that. These questions are the enemies of all writers. I am thankful for all the talent I was born with and the drive I learned. Thank you all for helping me to be me.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment