Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Monday, July 27, 2009

Dare to fly

Whoosh!
Rope, taunt, moaning,
branches, dancing through the air.
Defying gravity, legs pumping,
Flying for a moment.
The ebb and flow of the air around me,
grabbing at my calves.
I hold the hemp, fingers wrapped,
my smiles pressed against the sun,
Eyelids, hot then cool, kissed by the caressing wind.
Hair, grabbing onto the atmosphere around me.
Back and forth.

Tree of life,
suspending me for a moment,
holding onto my childhood,
nature nurturing my soul.
I climbed your body and saw beyond my world.
You held me on your shoulders,
mother to me and to many,
your branches lifted me through to adulthood.
Your roots grounded me in the past.

Whoosh!
Back and forth,
my curls flowing in the wind,
my legs pumping,
daring to jump...
over fences,
no destination in place,
flying high...into tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment