Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Life with a Daughter

My daughter is fascinated with febreeze. Who knew? If you would walk around my house, you would smell a mountain breeze here or a cool waterfall there. It is quite funny. I have not, nor will I ever be one of those women in the commercials though smelling upholstery, not my thing. Now, my floors are sticky from the residue, my robes on the back of the door are wet and when I walk in any bathroom---"whoa!" strong smell of overpowering non-nature. It is amazing to watch her wielding the sprayed smells around---two cans as if she is in a standoff at high noon. I am waiting for a tumbleweed to go by. I could see her, poncho on, her two cans at her sides in holsters...oh yeah, it is an image.
Life with a six year old daughter is indescribable unless you have a daughter---girls are funny. From makeup applications on the sly to accidentally forgetting to take off her two piece bathing suit and putting her clothes on over top. Other mothers have warned me of these things---everything from the almighty "I want a bra" scenario to "can I wear makeup?" and the most dreaded question, "Mom, can I go out on a date?" These are all things I dread and would love to turn to my daughter and say, you may date when you are thirty, but, I know better. I will just smile, count to ten and then answer or say, "talk to your father." Hey, it works for men the world round, why not for women too?
For now, I will face the loose teeth that gross me out, the farts that mimic her father's flatulence and the stinky feet---a new addition to our house. But, I hear, boys are way worse. So, for now, I laugh, I react and I count to ten...sometimes one hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment