Just a few of my lovely felted purses

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Virginia Woolf had it right---A Room of My Own

     Well, today we changed the guest room into Heather's schoolroom ala my writing and reading room. It is truly delightful! I love the look of it and it feels very creative and fun. I am sitting here surrounded by beautiful artwork, some mine, other pieces are Heather's, and some by professional artists. It is delightful and I can't help but smile. I purchased a lovely antique desk, perfect for writing my literary novels to be....it is quite lovely and exudes the passing of time. What a treat. I pride myself on trying to only by recycled things and preferably, things with stories. I love that I have changed my house around to truly reflect me as well as my husband and it does feel like home every time I walk through the door. Thanks to my various connections in the reselling of furniture and Kevin being an auctioneer, I now look around my house and can smile at the fact that I didn't buy anything new that created more landfill items. I did my part and in doing so, I found a desk. Not just a desk, I found THE desk. How to explain....hmmm...well, you know how you create the image of something in your mind of how something should look and if you ever found that item, it was suppose to be yours? That's how I felt about this desk the first time I saw it. I could tell that it could be part of something big within me and thus, it is my desk now. Along with getting a desk, I rearranged items in my house so that they felt new again and they do, they really do. It was exciting to come home tonight after fun with Heather and Kevin and see our home---different, but the same. In a world where people build addition after addition, I am happy with the space I have. I love that it is "just right." This not-so-Goldilocks loves this house and I will own it forever. It suites me and it suites my family. I am blessed.
     Virginia Woolf always said that we should all have a room of our own and believe me, I couldn't agree more. Hope you all have a great evening and sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. jen! I want to see this room!! :) don't get lost in there for too long sister! LOL!

    ReplyDelete